The customer needs an industrial extraction plant to:
- extract powders released by flocking operations on plastic objects and collect those powders in containers according to colours, so to cleanse the working environment and protect operators.
- condition air in the workshop with a temperature and humidity control system capable to keep those two elements constantly stable across the entire year, so to optimize his productive cycle.
|Kinds of powder to be extracted and recovered|
Flock is the main product needed to make surfaces velvety.
Extraction system design
A customized design of a centralized extraction system with pinpoint uptake involves an analysis of plant’s productive needs and layout. Afterwards, our Technical Department develops the project:
- Technical evaluation of the machine, so to customize extraction hoods. Those need to be capable to aspire flock powders and steams during the entire flocking operation.
- Air flow speed measurement, both during extraction and pipe-crossing, with consequent sizing of total load losses according to the filters’ path of pipes.
- Selection of the right filter, highly customized according on products employed and manufacturings.
- Selection of the centrifugal fan with simple inlet, taking into account the system overall capacity and load losses of all other systems connected to it.
Flock suction system: our technical solution
After the analysis step, Gamma impianti designed the extraction system as follow:
- cartridge filter MFC11 installation to aspire and filter fine powders with 99.5% efficiecy. The filter has been specifically modified for flock powder and equipped with a bag container to collect it. It is a purifier with high performances and compact sizes.
- a new air-blade hood connected to the cartridge filter via fexible pipe to extract the remaining airborne dust.
- suction line of clear antistatic PVC pipes to connect filter to suction points (flocking cabin and air blade).
- precision air conditioning cabinet to keep stable temperature and humidity: Range humidity 60% + – 5%; Range temperature 20°C + – 10%; Max external temperature 35°C.
n.1 intake manifolds with rectangural section to avoid condensation and heat loss.
n.4 salvages with double set of adjustable opposite winglets to direct flow and shutter for calibrating system.